Before telling you about the actual technique, I would recommend that you do some Yoga postures which makes your lower body flexible enough to sit in a seated position on the floor for at least 20 minutes.
Here is the Meditation technique:
Schedule an alarm on your mobile phone for 20 minutes from when you begin. Choose a soothing alarm tone. This way you will not have to worry about the time. The alarm will tell you when it is time to stop.
- Sit down in any comfortable seated posture with your back straight
- Close your eyes and draw your attention to your breath
- Start counting your exhales.
- Imagine as if someone is writing numbers on a white board with a red pen. Increase the number every time you exhale.
- Start from 1 and go up to 300 or 400 depending on the speed of your breathing.
- When you hear the alarm, let go of the numbers.
- Rub your hands, put it around your eyes and gently open your eyes.
How do you feel? If you try this, please don’t forget to share your experience with us. Your comments are welcome.